Prospective clients often ask about insurance companies (HMO’s) and why I don’t take 3rd part payments. There is a simple answer and a multitude of reasons that I will list here:
- The simple answer is I choose not to. The system is broken and I choose not to participate in a broken system. HMOs concern themselves with at the expense of you and me.
- I maintain a higher standard of confidentiality by not taking insurance.
- Accepting insurance means extra paperwork for me.
- HMO’s impede your ability to access services when you need and want them for as long as you need and want them.
- HMO’s use scare tactics and scarcity issues to control practitioners and clients.
- HMO’s create drama triangles where you and I become the victim & persecutor.
- HMO’s impede the flow of prosperity and abundance for you and me.
- HMO’s have not succeeded in controlling health care costs and have actually caused harm to some of their clients by limiting or refusing services.
- We have given up our personal power to the insurance companies. We have to go to approved providers, get pre-approval for visits and tests, and they limit what medications we can purchase, or how much we can spend on the medications.